Jade Mountain part 14
When I saw the sign that said 0.5 kilometers to the top I was so thrilled!But...it was the hardest part of the hike....or so I thought!
I did however finally reach the lodge/next hostel and found Andy who was freezing cold. A man had given him small hot packs to keep him warm. He suggested we wait for the others...but I told them they would take at least another hour if not more, so when a man asked if we needed a place to sleep, we took the offer and climbed into a tent with a total stranger to get a quick 2 hours of sleep.
Soon enough....way too soon....people were awake making a ton of noise, plus the wind was ripping through our tent making it hard to sleep anyway.
Then we heard our names being shouted out, and got up to join the rest of our team. At 2am...it was time for breakfast before hiking to the top of the hill! WHAT....WHAT!!!!Andy and I had thought we had reached the top....we were soon shocked to discover we still had another 2.5 kilometers to the VERY top.
Breakfast was a milky watery rice mixture....which I had to pass up. Thank goodness I had brought lots of Sunrider foods to keep me nourished. It was time to climb again!!!
Tim and a bunch of the other Taiwanese guys stayed behind...they were too exhausted to complete the hike.
So at 3am...we took off again... with about 80-100 people in front of us...it wasn't long before we had taken the lead. It continued to get foggier, steeper, harder to breath and at times even figure out where the path was!
AHHHHHHHH!!!! It was the most I had ever pushed myself.
Now we were using chains, which were icy and wet to pull ourselves up.
Did I mention this part was extremely difficult....cause it sure was!!










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home