Life is love!: Almost paradise???

Life is love!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Almost paradise???













#1 Michelle looking out at the ocean,
after her reflexologist appointment.












#2 Amongst the garbage and
pollution, there is a paradise trying
to shine through.


#3 A fisherman hoping to get lucky down at the ocean.













#4 This is one of the few English signs
around our town. It makes me laugh every time.

On Fridays we have started getting up a little earlier than usuaul. So, that means before noon. We don't usually get up and out of our place before 1pm, something big is usually happening if we do.
But on Fridays the morning market seems a lot bigger, and recently we have found a whole new part to the morning market that we never knew about.

We always thought the morning market was just this one street...cause it is always so busy....now we know why...if you look in between the buildings, you can see rows and rows of more venders/booths. Maybe it has just taken us time to have the bravery to walk into such an enclosed area having everyone stare at you...more than usual. But we have found some really good deals.

We also have been addicted to these herbal throat drops. Its actually a plant that produces something similar to the size of a small grapefruit...only brown. They cut it up into tiny little squares, peel off the skin...and pop one in your mouth and suck on it til it dissolves. I enjoy the tatse...but Giant and Susan have said that most foreigners are grossed out by them. To me they have a hint of licorice, I like'em. Michelle and I go through quite a few of them....they are sold all over. I bought some from this one man on a Friday 3 weeks ago, at the morning market. He spoke a little English, and was very nice and offered me some herbal tea for free, he was a very generous person and friendly. Then last week Friday when Michelle and I went back he recognized me, and we bought some more throat herbs...he gave us tea again, and this time handfuls of individually wrapped lozenges...all different kinds of herbs...but they were good. He told us he is here every Friday, on our way back, he called us over to fill up our cups with tea again. We look forward to meeting him more often...I want to learn more about herbs from him. He sold all sorts of herbs..I want to find out what they are all for, and how to use them.

Later that day, when I was out for a walk by myself, I came upon to white guys! An unusual site...they were in black pants, white shirts, and ties....huge smiles on their face....instead of saying Hello...there greeting to me was..."Wanna go to church?" I was kinda surprised. I could tell right away they were Mormons...apparently this is how they dress...and what they do...and sure enough. Michelle and I had been mentioning about going to church to check it out, we heard there is an English service church in Changua. However the church they were wanting me to attend was only in Chinese. They offered to translate...they really wanted me to go....they really want everyone to go. I was surprised how young they were, they looked and acted maybe 18-19 years old, but they spoke excellent Chinese. They said they were living in Homei, I took there phone number, we might go and check it out for the experience of it.

Well tomorrow at 9:30am, I have another meeting regarding the accident. Giant said this should be the final meeting. So I hope all goes well...it should.
I'll let ya know.

Gotta get some sleep,
take care all

Happy Birthday Andrea!!!! (tomorrow)

Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get Your Own! | View Slideshow