A week in review!
Monday- Michelle and I did lots of homework and extra prep work for school. We've been helping each other with a grammar rule handout, and a detailed list of English games.
Our laest addiction is dumplings, we boil them, then fry them in a pan w/ soya sauce, and enjoy them with our stir-fry!!!
One of the English channels airs back-to-back episodes of the HBO TV hit-show Sex In The City. So we make our supper around 10:30-11pm, and sit down to some great English comedy.
Tuesday- It was our friend Eric's birthday!! Hope you had a blast!
Michelle recieved a card in the mail from our friend Andrea...Thanks!
Our schedules at school changed...for the worse...Michelle and I used to both have Tuesday nights off...the only night of the week were we were both doen at 8pm. But now I teach ubtil 9:40 every single week night. Bummer...well at least supper will be ready when I come home...right Michelle?
We have been getting our business with Sunrider & IBS Systems straightened out, so we can start expanding our business overseas.
Wednesday- It was our friend Maxine's birthday!! Hope you had a blast too!
My new book I'm currently enjoying is called Chi Gung, it's about Chinese healing and energy. It's fascinating!!! The book has inspried me to become a bit of an artist...more in the visual arts. Since I have so much time on my hands, I've started cleaning up the second floor...it's full of stuff left hear over the years from all the other teachers..stuff that is kinda garbage. Anyway my first project is to create 5 paintings/sculptures of the Five Elements: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water & Metal. I've written down a lot of ideas, and done some internet searching for more ideas as well. Now it's a matter of finding and buying paints, brushes, and my medium...canvass/wood/pottery, etc...havn't deceided yet. Oh well, something to keep me busy.
Then on my way home I noticed that someone was up to know good by putting gum, or a glue/adhesive in our door lock. Our roomate Mark thought maybe he had pissed somebody off, and this was their form of revenge, our principal thought it was just kids with nothing better to do, then get into trouble??? Who knows? It's a good thing that we (and every other house & business) have a big metal garage door that you can close at will. So we were still very safe. It's just a lot nicer to look out into the street rather than a big slap of metal.
Thursday- The next morning Giant came over and put a whole new lock in our front door, he couldn't get all the gunk out. It didn't cost us anything, but it was still a pain.
Happy Birthday Ric!!
I spotted three white guys, and then later chatted with one of them and his girlfriend! (See other blog for more info)
For the first time since I left, I finally got ahold of my good friend Michelle Friesen on-line. MSN is a wonderful thing. She was able to see and hear me thanks to our webcam, now if only she..and the rest of you had one!!! We chatted, well I chatted she typed, for over an hour, it was so good to get caught up.
Friday- Yeah, Friday finally.
Cleaned of the second floor some more. Cleaned up an old lamp to use by the computer so Michelle can finally sleep without the big light on.
After school Mark (room-mate/co-worker), and his girlfriend Karen (T.A. at our school) took us to Chunghua for supper at Style, their usual Friday night ritual.
It's always so good to get out of Homei...I know I say this a lot...but it's so true!
I had mentioned in earlier blogs, about the great book I read called "tuesdays with Morrie" it's a must read, anyway, the same author Mitch Albom, also wrote "The Five People You Meet In Heaven", and our supervisor Susan from school lent me this book, beacuse I was raving so much about his other book.
I had read one chapter before we went out for supper, and when we came home at 2:30am, I picked up the book went into our joining room (Michelle was watching a movie) and I finished the entire book...at 6am!!! WOW- I have never been so much into reading in my life. This is so unusual for me. Maybe it's just his writing, but I loved it. And yes, I definately recommend this book too. So go read it and let me know what you think.
Saturday- Woke up around 1pm from having such a late night. Made brunch for Michelle and I. Then we went biking around Homei, checked out some new stores, picked up some eggs, some fresh brown bread from the bakery, and $200NT($7.15 Cdn) worth of peanuts from the market....they are so good!
Came home, enjoyed a handful of peanuts before making an early supper.
Then we headed to Chunghua again with Mark and Karen for the massage of a life time.
YIKES!!! Michelle will tell you all about it in the next blog, it deserves a blog of it's own!!!
Take care
Jeff









2 Comments:
Hi you guys,
Ilove reading your blogs at work on nights-, seeing i don,t own a computer. Ithink it would be great for you to get in touch with --Jerry&Caroline Chambers. They live in the capital of Taiwan. Taipei i believe. Ican get there E-MAIL address from Ester FUNK Its her sister,and i,ll give them yours.I,ll keep looking forward to reading more of your blog on nights. JOYCE
Hey Jeff, I also read Tuesdays with Morrie, Iloved that book, now I'm interested in reading "the five people you meet in heaven"
I wrote this after my first message. I'm going backwards.
Hi Michelle, Happy belated birthday, it must be nice to be so spoild on your birthday hey?
Keep up the good work Jeff!!!
Love Char!
Post a Comment
<< Home