Life is love!: This meeting is adjourned!

Life is love!

Friday, March 31, 2006

This meeting is adjourned!













The big flashing billboards of Taiwan,
this is in Tiachung. A very common site
in the big cities.











That tiny little scooter (with yellow frame) was driven by a 40 year old and his son. What a site--one of the many daily surprises!


Well, I had my meeting on Wednesday with the town council in Homei to discuss the outcome of the accident that I was in. Giant picked me up on his scooter and headed over at 9:15am. Very unusual with my schedule to be up that early, it's beautiful in the mornings here. So we checked in, and waited a bit, then at 9:30 our meeting started, we walked into a cubicle and Giant and myself sat on one side, the town council official sat at the head of the table, and the driver of the SUV, a friend??, and his insurance representative sat across from us.

Again it was a meeting where I sat and listened to a lot of foreign words which I don't understand. The insurance man, did try speaking to me, asking me a couple of questions in English. Giant did all the translating and talking for me.
The outcome was this. The insurance company paid me out $24000NT, $3000NT of which I have to pay to the driver for his SUV mirror. So in the end, I will come out of it with $21000NT, which is $750 Canadian. The meeting and paper work took about an hour. AHHHH---I'm just glad it is all over. The payment will be automatically deposited into my account by the end of April, so we'll see!

After everything was done, the insurance man came up to us and was chatting with Giant for a while. Giant then said, Jeff this man is wondering if he could call you and talk to you about Canada. Apparently his wife, was pregnant and so she went to USA to have her baby there so that it would be an American, and he wants his new born son to go to a really good university in North America. WOW--talk about thinking ahead! I said sure, he can call or e-mail me whenever he wants, why not. I'm no expert on the subject, but I'll help as much as I can.

Take Care
JEFF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get Your Own! | View Slideshow