Life is love!: A few changes at the school!

Life is love!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

A few changes at the school!

Well this week went by really fast. (June 11-16)

Michelle went to a skin doctor on Monday, she's been extremely itchy....found it that Mango's might be the culprit. We had been enjoying the smeel and the taste of the 3 mango's that we tried. But each time I noticed that I got really bad stomach aches, and it was soon after that Michelle started getting VERY itchy...and it wasn't going away. So Karen took her to the doctors and he gave her some suave, and some pills, and she's been doing MUCH better!

I came home from a long day of teaching to Michelle making this awesome supper, delicious spaghetti and meatsauce w/ garlic-cheese toast...so good!
A nice break from the usual stir-frys.

Tuesday, the dentist day!
Karen made appointemnets for both Michelle and I, and met us at the dentist and sat with us just in case we had any language barriers, but the dentist spoke pretty good English. I got a full cleaning, for only $5.28 Canadian, WOW!
He did a great job.

We have cockroach traps all over the house. They were actaully here when we moved in, and no way were we going to throw them out. They definitley work, we keeping finding dead cockroaches throughout the house. We've taken a few pictures...enjoy! YUK!

Michelle has these 2 really young students and they are so loud, funny and energetic. They always say hello to me now because I subbed their class one day.
The two boys are also brothers...and a hand full! They make Michelle's stomach hurt because she laughs at them so much in class. The other day I asked the little boy, "How are you?" and he runs up to me and gives me the finger, all excited and starts laughing. I was truly shocked! He's obviously seen it somewhere, but he is so young he had no idea what it meant. I found it quite funny, but we also made sure he knew that it was not ok to do that again.
What a kid!

Wednesday, June 14th
Our roomate Mark had a meeting with Giant and Susan. He wanted to discuss with them the idea of teaching at the school for another 6 months after his contract is over in September...apparently Giant and Susan were not at all interested in having him return. They made it clear to him they expect him to finish his contract and do a good job, and that after September he is to look for another job. Considering about a month ago they told us they had the best 4 teachers they have ever had, this came as a bit of a surprize. But Mark is very opinionated, and isn't afraid to tell them bluntly what changes need to happen...kind of like me...so I guess I better be careful too. HAHA. So Mark had a bad day!

Thursday, June 15th
Giant talked to me today after work...apparently Mark had worn gym shorts and a tank-top to teach in, on a Presentation day when parents were there, some of the parents complained about how he was dressed, so Giant had a talk with him....and later with me. I do wear shorts all the time, but in a much more tasteful manner. So I told Giant that I wouldn't dress like that (like Mark) at school, but that I will continue to wear shorts...as I have my whole life. Mark later told us he dressed like that on purpose to spite Giant, I guess he was still pissed off from the meeting.

With the rain finally stopped, the Night Market was back. So we went after work, and enjoyed the food as we usually do.

Friday, June 16th
Today was Susan's last day at work--but you would never know it. She is getting married soon and taking the time off now to enjoy the preparations and planning. In Taiwan leaving a job is no big deal, as far as we know, Giant and Rita didn't do anything special for her, very unusual to me. Susan is the lady who hired us, who called us several times in Canada to see how we were doing, to answer all our questions. Even at school her grammar is better than ours, so whenever we need to know a grammar rule, we would always ask her, she always had the correct answer, or would find it for us right away. Things are going to be different without her. Giant and Rita are going to try and manage on their own, and have no intention yet of replacing her. So we'll see how it goes!

That night we went out for supper at our new favorite Japanese styke restauarnt Tepp Any Aki...a new place that opened last month that is open until 2am, pretty much the only place in Homei to eat after 10pm. We left full and it was great: drinks, 2 bowls of rice, veggies, chicken and beef for only $6.33 Canadian total. (Yes, for both of us.)

Well that pretty much sums up last week.
Take Care...and keep those e-mails coming...we love to find out who is still with us on our adventure.

Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Get Your Own! | View Slideshow