Elephant Safari Wilderness on Koh Samui




Besides riding elephants we also saw many other animals along the way to the waterfall.
Our guide pointed out some giant spiders, there was also a little zoo, and although we never went in, we were still able to see crocodiles, monkeys- (even a baby), baboons, really small deer, and other animals which I no longer remember...it was a very memorable trek.
It was definitely a memorable and enjoyable experience but a part of me has to wonder about the health and happiness of the many animal we encountered. The monkeys were kept in quite small cages with very little natural vegetation, the elephants trecked back and forth numerous times a day with the tourists on their back. Although I saw no obvious ill treatment of the animals I have a feeling that a park such as this would not be allowed back home. As is much of what we encounter in Asia.









0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home